Mission and Vision
The Capital Assets Committee is responsible for the investigation, acquisition, maintenance, and removal of those POA items typically placed on the common properties and expected to last 5+ years. Such things are considered as capital items and appear as accounting line items.
- Accepts capital donations and requests for POA memorials, which includes considering the applicability, appropriateness, safety concerns, and costs of future maintenance.
- Provides to the Trustees a recommendation to accept or decline the donation or memorial
- Makes recommendations to the Trustees when disposing of POA capital items
- Establishes a list of annual standard maintenance items
- Manages capital project contracts (prepares specifications, solicits bids, reviews responses, selects winners, processes and approves invoices for payment)
- Recommends an annual budget for the maintenance or improvement of capital items (June thru May) and any changes to the budget during the year
- Develops and maintains procedures and processes for committee functions
- Prepares and makes updates to a rolling 5-year plan
- Educates the community about capital improvements guidelines and processes
- meets at least quarterly, prepares minutes, and submits to the Secretary
For more information and volunteer opportunities, contact email@example.com
Page updated 2020-09-09